CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Like I don't have enough things to do...

So I recently took up the art of knitting. A lady that I work with, lovely Jean, has taken the time and patience to teach me how to knit. The above picture is my practice piece that I am working on creating a scarf with. I have to say in someways knitting is easier than I thought it would be. At least when it comes to this scarf but then other things sound way out of my range. Like using multiple needles just to make a hat??? It's hard for me to picture. I guess I will just have to try it when I get to that point.
Now I can crochet, which I have been doing for about 3 years now. I love to make these cute little hats. They take me a little over and hour to make. So not too long and they are great baby gifts. The best part is compared to knitting I only have to use one crochet hook for these :0)

Here is a crochet blanket that I have been working on for a while. Since I was pregnant with Sydney. So for about 2 years now. It has taken a long time because I can not work on it every day and it is single crochet with a thin yarn. So they are small stitches.

This is a close up of how the stitches turned out. This is a diagonal striped blanket. You have to work in in the shape of a triangle and then decrease into another triangle. Thus creating a square piece.

This is actually my prized possession. I actually make this for a girlfriend of mine when she and I were both pregnant. I was just newly pregnant. I think I found out I was pregnant with Sydney the day after her baby shower. So I made this blanket for her because I thought she was having a girl. Turns out she had a boy. So I was so excited that I was able to keep this blanket. I truly don't know if I could have parted with it. One of the ladies from work who taught me to crochet told me I will probably have to make 2 of everything because some things you just wont want to part with and this is one of them. I also made a matching hat that goes with this. So cute! I love it!

Below is a picture of the detail in the stitches.

I really love to knit and crochet I just wish that I had more uninterrupted time to devote to it. Usually on a good night I can find and hour or so to myself to work on some of my on going projects. I usually dont work on anything during the summer so I can be outside with my family. So winter is the time I really get working on my crocheting and now knitting.

0 comments: