CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Trip to Oak Park

This weekend Morgan and I bundled up, gassed up the van, and hit the road to go visit Lisa in Oak Park. We had a great day petting Lisa's super soft Labradoodle, Trooper. Have a great lunch and Erik's Deli, shopping at Trader Joe's, and teaching Lisa to knit!

So the trip was so fun and very interesting. After making it to Oak Park I was a bit nervous about the homeless man on the off ramp begging for money. We stayed back a little so we didn't have to confront him. Then made it safely to Lisa's beautiful new home. We headed out for lunch and then Lisa took us to our first trip to Trader Joe's. I have never been there before and it was such a cool place. We picked up just a few treats from there. Some super good Cinnamon Almonds. Yum. And 2 kinds of cookies. We got Candy Cane Joe-Joes and these super yummy Double Chocolate Chip cookies that are a dangerous 190 calories for ONE cookie. Yikes. So these will be a rare treat.

The Candy Cane Joe Joes are so good. They are just like a mint oreo but with little bits of crushed candy cane in them. A big Thanks to Lisa for introducing them to us!

So after a great day with Lisa, Morgan and I headed home so we could get home in time to have dinner with Daddy and Sydney. Well that didn't work out so well. After about an hour of driving I realized I was lost. I had apparently made a wrong turn somewhere. I am usually very good with driving directions so I am so surprised that I got lost. So I got out the road map and attempted to find my way back home but I think I just got myself even more lost. Finally I had to call Matt and have him Mapquest me some driving directions back home. Finally after 4 hours of driving when it should have only taken me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get home. That's OK we made it home and had a great day so it was all worth it!

0 comments: