CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A New Family Tradition

Well we started a new family tradition this year that I have always wanted to do with my own children for the longest time. This year I felt both girls were ready to start this. This is a tradition that the Egger's Family had growing up and I have always loved it. I even found it fun to help Christine find her stocking when we were younger. So this is what it is. Every day starting on December 1st the kids find a hidden stocking in the tree with some sort of treat inside of it. Yesterday was the first day and actually when I got home from work I kind of had forgotten about the little hidden treats. So I was doing my nightly routine of making dinner and washing some dishes when I checked in on Sydney. She was sitting so quietly on the couch. I wondered why because shes normally running around like a wild child but I thought "Who Cares" shes being good and quiet I will just take advantage of that. So then a few minutes later Sydney comes into the kitchen with just a little chocolate on her mouth. I instantly freaked because I realized she had found the stocking with the mini chocolate bar in it. I looked everywhere in the living room and only found a few chocolate finger prints on the couch. My concern was where was the wrapper??? So after looking high and low in the living room I checked the garbage and there it was. So my little sweetie had found the stocking, opened the candy, tossed the wrapper, and eaten the whole things before I could witness a thing.


This is what it "Should" have looked like when Sydney found her stocking.

Then Morgan finally after looking the tree up and down for about 15 minutes found her Treat!
And this was Sydney when she couldn't HAVE Morgan's treat.

Then this morning the dog found Sydney's stocking and licked the stocking to death and managed to get a few tooth marks in the candy wrapper. So far this new family tradition is not going as well as I planned.






1 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh no!! Can't knock you for trying! If the chocolate gets too out of hand, you could have the girls make an Advent chain to hang on the tree - you glue strips of green and red paper in circles to make a chain, then each morning they tear off one of the links (you'll number the links with either the date or the number of days left until Christmas). But that's not nearly as much fun as finding chocolate, though...