Has any one been watching the True Blood series? I just finished up the last episode of Season 1 on DVD last weekend. Thanks to Netflix which has been one of my favorite investments. A friend of mine told me it was like the adult version of Twilight so of coarse I had to check it out. At first I was like "What is this cheesy mess I am watching" but kind of like a train wreck I couldn't look away. Now I am hooked. I am only wishing I had HBO so I could watch it so I guess I will just have to wait for Season 2 on DVD. Oh by the way if you havent seen the series it is NOT for kids. Once you see it you will know why.
So in the mean time I thought I would check out the books that the TV series is based on. I went online and requested a copy of the first book, Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris, from my library. All of the books were checked out so I was thinking it was going to take a while to get a copy but to my surprise when I returned home from work yesterday there was a message on my machine letting me know that the book was in. So I rushed off to pick up my book and get some groceries. Last night after the girls were all tucked in snug as a bug in a rug, I pulled out the book and began to read the first 7 pages. So far its pretty close to the first episode but we will see how the rest of it goes. If I don't get a chance to go riding this weekend I am hoping to get in some reading time. That is after a doctor's appointment, parade, and getting the kids pictures taken. Yes, it is never a dull moment at our house.




0 comments:
Post a Comment