CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Poopy's

Yes, you heard me correctly, I said Poopy's. Just 2 weeks ago I took a motorcycle trip from South Beloit through Monroe, Galena, and finally ending in Savanna, IL. The whole trip was about 250 miles. It was just an amazing day. I went with my Dad, my husband, and a group of my Dad's friends. It was a beautiful day and I just can not describe any more amazing of a way to enjoy the changing of the fall colors other than a motorcycle ride with the wind in your hair. The scenery was gorgeous, really I felt like words just could not describe it. As most of you know I have really been enjoying learning to ride a motorcycle this summer, taking the safety class, getting my license and finally getting my dream bike!
Once we got into Savanna our first stop was at the Iron Horse Social Club. This place was pretty cool aside from the toilets not working. Very old time western saloon feeling. They had antique bikes all over the place. Even ones from the 1900's which were pretty much 10 speed bike frames with a motor on them. Then the most interesting part about this bar was the upstairs. There is a wedding chapel up there. You can actually get married here.


So we arrive at our final destination, POOPY'S! This place is very cool. Its a restaurant/bar, then there is a retail shop, a tattoo parlor, the largest outdoor patio I have ever seen, and also a permanent concert stage. This place is huge and there were hundreds of bike there.

Here is my baby among all of the other bikes.

More and more bikes. I am already looking forward to the trip next year. Hopefully we will have better weather on the ride home. So on the way home the sky when from bright and sunny to almost black. I was very nervous and really wanted to get home as fast as I could because I had never drove in rain before on the bike. So I wasn't sure what to expect. We were not lucky enough to dodge the rain. I felt one rain drop, then a few more, next thing I knew I was soaked. We had to pull over at a gas station with an awning because it began to hail. Boy o Boy, this trip broke me in. I think I have pretty much experienced it all. So as soon as the rain let up we took off. But it was not long before the lovely rain was back. So we rode back soaking wet and cold in the rain for 80 miles. Really it was quite the story and an experience but I wouldn't sign up for riding in the rain again anytime soon.

0 comments: